Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nars Pure Matte Lipstick

Nars Pure Matte Lipstick is described as a matte lipstick that has intense, stay-true color so lips look lush and vibrant.  Wild mango butter is an ingredient of this lipstick which has moisturizing properties that helps to repair lips from dryness and scaling, ultimately leaving the lips soft and supple.  It also doesn't seem to budge!  Huge benefits right?  I went to check them out...here are my swatches and review.


I am not really a "matte lipstick" type of girl.  I like more of a creamy/satiny finish to my lipsticks/glosses so when I went to test these out, I'll admit I was a bit biased to say the least.  When I first tested out the pure matte lipstick, I tried the shade Bankok (a soft rose), which was very similar to my own lip color.  The lipstick glided on very smoothly and definitely felt and looked matte, but my lips felt soft, which was a surprise.  I walked around for a while browsing the other Nars products while I glanced in the mirror to check how the color was wearing.  It definitely doesn't budge!  I was expecting the look and feel of a Revlon colorstay lipstick (which were a tad too drying for me).  When I got home, I looked in the mirror and the lipstick still looked fresh.  I might be warming up to the idea of a matte lipstick after all! 

There are six shades in all of the Pure Matte lipsticks.  Bangkok (soft rose), Tonkin (cinnamon plum), Tashkent (nude beige), Terre De Feu (black cherry), Volga (deep aubergine), Vesuvio (full bodied red).  I will definitely be purchasing a few of these...Bangkok is on the list! You can purchase these at any Nars counter, Sephora or online.  http://www.narscosmetics.com/Pure-Matte-Lipstick-C665_makeup_7.aspx

 Another winner from Nars in my book.:)

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks amazing!

    The fun thing is that only like 6 months ago I would never ever wear matte lipstick again. I hated those in the 90's and refuse to wear them again.
    6 months later Im the proud owner of THREE matte lipsticks (Revlon and a Dutch brand) and totally love them LOL.

    ReplyDelete