Friday, December 7, 2012

Personal Color Consultation:My Journey

Well, it has been over a year since I last posted.  Lots of changes have taken place!  My family and I moved to a new city and therefore a new house, new neighborhood, and new school.  We love our new place and are very happy...so it was a very positive move.

I also decided to take a break from writing about makeup as well as contributing on various makeup boards.  You see, I had this desire to learn more about the colors "within" me.  Nothing that I would buy or even the makeup that I had, was creating what I wanted.  I questioned what it was that I was looking for.  Really, I just wanted to look like me...but enhanced.  Lately, nothing was working.  I kept adding different colors, trying to find that balance.

Somewhere along the way of my research online about skin tone and natural coloring, I came upon Color Analysis.  The four seasons you ask?  Yes...and much much more than that.  I started reading a blog called A Greener Tea which is now (www.12blueprints.com) and learned that instead of just 4 seasons, there are 3 different varients of each season.  12 seasons!!

It's too difficult to explain all on my own but here are some references for you if you are interested:

www.12blueprints.com
http://mayteegarzapca.shutterfly.com
http://trucolour.com.au
www.truth-is-beauty.com
www.eleablake.com (amazing cosmetics company that offers color analysis with a beautiful line of mineral makeup for each season).

This will help you get the information you need on Personal Color Consultation.  I was very fortunate to have been draped by Maytee Garza of Reveal Style Consultancy last year.  Maytee draped me as a Soft Autumn, which is a neutral warm season.  Now I understand why I couldn't handle the depth or brightness that I thought I should be able to handle!  This draping has answered so many questions for me about my coloring.  Not only am I able to choose the correct makeup for myself but correct clothing colors as well.  As I go through my color journey I am constantly surprised about color and how powerful it is!





















No comments:

Post a Comment